Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Doll Hair Makeovers!

If you have girls, I'm sure you have a bunch of dolls that look like ours. :) Seriously, my girls carry these dolls around by there hair! In Molly's words, "It was totally time for them to have a makeover!" I saw this great tutorial on how to fix doll hair from the blog Cookie and Claire.

I used a spray bottle filled with 2 Tablespoons of liquid fabric softner, and the rest water. Then I just sprayed the hair, and combed it out using a metal wig brush! I was AMAZED at how well it worked, and how much better their hair looked. I was worried the hair might be greasy from the fabric softner, but it's not.

Here is Rapunzel's crazy before!

And after... ahhh, much better!

And Minty's (yeah, not sure how Molly picked that name) messy do before!

And after! I am happy to say this has worked great. We are busy giving hair makeovers to all the dolls, barbies, ponies, etc. we can find. :)

4 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME trick! When we get to that point, we will have to do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Your kiddos are cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some facts I agree to your points but some I don't. Yes, I want to appreciate your hardwork for sharing this information but at my part I have to research more. Though there are some interesting view angle I could find in your remark. Thanks for sharing.
    Virtual Assistant India
    Virtual Assistant Services India

    ReplyDelete