Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Craft!

For Father's Day I had the girls make coasters for Randal. I think they turned out really cute. (Molly's name got added before the 2nd coat of sealer.) I basically made the coasters the same as I did here, but instead of mod podge with paper, I used paint and the girls hand prints. Then I sprayed them with sealer so they can get wet when used as coasters, and then hot glued cork onto the backs. I got the great idea for Best Dad, Hands Down from Learning As We Grow.

Nora's hand print was definitely a challenge to get. Nobody told my 4 month old they are supposed to hold there hand still and not make a fist, hehe.

Molly picked out the paint and even helped but the cork on the back. She is SO excited to give this to Randal, hopefully she can hold off until Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I LOVE it! Where oh where did you get those coasters? I may have to make some for some fast/easy/inexpensive Christmas gifts! :) And yes, I know I'm already thinking about Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete