Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Magnetic Pom-Poms! Tip Tuesday!

I've been seeing the great magnetic pom poms people were buying and using with there preschoolers, and knew I had to figure out how to whip some up for Miss Mollycakes. So, I gathered up the pom-poms I had, some circle magnets, and my glue gun and got to work.

Basically, I just glued the pom-poms to the magnets with a bit of hot glue and let cool. The magnets I had were adhesive, but I thought that would probably not hold up to a 2 1/2 year olds use. As always, I keep these away from Molly when I'm not using them with her, and watch closely, you can never be too careful with kids and small magnets.

Molly absolutely LOVED this activity. We have done pages like this before with dot markers, but she never really wanted to stay in the circles. I was really surprised that she put the pom-poms on the dots right away, and even matched up the colors. I didn't have all the colors, so Molly told me I needed to make more. Looks like I'll be going to the craft store to pick up more colors soon!

You can find this great Easter printable I used at Confessions of a Homeschooler. She has lots of great educational Easter activities you can print off.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny, my daughter matches up the pom-pom magnet colors with the colors in the picture too! It's great to see your daughter using it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I can't wait til Marlee is big enough for stuff like that! But I may be whipping up some for A.!

    ReplyDelete