Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Enjoying our new "normal"

Just wanted to give a little update. We are definitely enjoying being home and getting used to life as a family of four. I am pleasantly surprised at how well it is all going. Nora is so good and has a much more laid back personality than Molly did. Molly is doing fantastic with everything. She loves being a big sister and is so excited to help!

We have had a few crazy things since we got home. The most notable was that we didn't have power yesterday for 8 hours! A pole had fallen down on our street and the power lines were on the road. So, they had to close the road and put up a new pole and lines. Crazy! It was a bit worrisome, since at bedtime at 7:30 the house was pitch black and getting really cold (it's pretty snowy in Michigan right now). I was freaking out a bit that I would have to pack up my 1 week old and 2 1/2 year old to go sleep somewhere else with heat. But thankfully it came back on at 9pm! One thing I learned... buy more flashlights, because those crank lights are way to much work and loud, lol. :)

Also, Molly has her first cold of the year. It started yesterday, and it is a bad one. Poor girl! And I am also really, really, really nervous because I don't want the baby to get sick. It is so so hard to know how to handle this. Today was tiring to say the least. And advice on this????

4 comments:

  1. Kim! Congratulations!! I can't believe I missed your news. When was Nora born? What a beautiful picture of you three beauties. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about the second, is that after having the first you realize they are much more resiliant than we think! :) Not that Ihave two, but with A and Marlee it has been like having two sometimes...

    Just try to have Molly wash her hands a lot and no kissing Nora until she is better. :)

    Glad to see you are doing well! I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your daughters are beautiful!

    If you are breast feeding (I'm new here so I don't know) then your baby has a big advantage since she's piggy backing on your immune system. If not, I agree with the above comment... washing hands are good!

    Also I loved 'saline mist' for snotty noses. Much better than the blue snot suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is adorable! Your girls are gorgeous!! Glad to hear that your 'normal' is going well!! Best wishes with your family of 4!!!

    ReplyDelete