Monday, September 7, 2009

Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad!

Hope everyone enjoyed a beautiful Labor Day! We went to a potluck with family, and had a great time. My favorite salad to bring is Brocooli and Cauliflower Salad. It is one of the only ways I actually enjoy the two veggies, so I thought I would share my recipe.

BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER SALAD

Ingredients-
2 bunches broc. and caul. (total 8 cups)
10 slices chopped bacon
1 onion
1/3 cup golden raisins

Sauce Ingredients-
1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cider vinegar
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Mix broccoli and cauliflower pieces with chopped up bacon, chopped up onion and raisins in bowl.
In a separate bowl stir together the mayo, sugar, cider vinegar and pepper for the sauce. Then pour sauce on top of first bowl of ingredients. Mix well, then refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment