Thursday, April 2, 2009

Toddler Time Thursday!

This week I was working on painting some cupboard doors in our house, and Molly got very excited, and wanted to try painting. I am still a little nervous about her painting in the house, but I came up with the idea to paint without paint.

Instead of using paint, I gave her a little dish of water and some brushes. She had a blast "painting" a cut open brown paper bag. The wet "painted" parts showed up like she had painted them. She loved doing this, and I loved hardly having to clean it up.

We are looking forward to projects using real paint soon. If anyone has a good washable kids paint recommendations, let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I use water paints on scrap paper with Lilly. The little bit she does get on her hands and clothes comes right out. I buy the cheapy water colors so I can pitch it once she is done - she is not good about getting one color cleaned out of her brush before going for another. The water/paper bag idea is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to let Maisy try this tonight, she is going to love it! Also, at the Museum we add dishsoap to paint when we do paint projects, and that makes it really easy to wash out afterwards!

    ReplyDelete